Relationship/Community/Hope/Identify/Changing Culture/Go Beyond/Life Changing Skills
A local community in Cincinnati, with a national presence.
At first it was just an understanding. Of the need. As a pastoral care director Rebecca met victims of childhood sex abuse and saw the lack of support services. There was little understanding of the deep impact that sex abuse causes and even fewer places in which victims could safely explore and heal that impact.
Then it was a vision. Of an answer. What if there was a place that victims could feel heard, accepted and find community? When Rebecca met Rachel, the vision was defined and birthed. What if we offered skills and support to recognize the impact, internalize new beliefs to reconnect to authentic identity?
And now - Connections is a reality. It is our core belief that who you were created to be is not lost! Your authentic identity is buried under disregard, hurt and lies about self. The Restoration Paradigm provides a track of skills that supports the discovery of the real you. Not the you falsely built from trauma.
It would be our honor to join you on your Journey of self-discovery! Please be in touch!
Rebecca Born, MSW, LISW
- Co-Author: Beyond Recovery to Restoration: working with the trauma of sex abuse.
- Awarded University of Cincinnati School of Social Work Outstanding Alumni - 2008
- Maurice McCracken Award for Social Justice
- Board of Directors, NPEIV (National Partnership to End Interpersonal Violence)
Rachel Davis, MS, CFLE
- Co-Author of: Beyond Recovery to Restoration: working with the trauma of sex abuse.
- Author of Restoration Workbooks
- Artist: painting, pottery, jewelry