The greatest source of suffering is the lies we tell ourselves.
Perhaps an astonishing sentence in light of my grasp of the evil of sex abuse and its impact. I can say that because I know that it is the impact of sex abuse that keeps the suffering in place. And the deep destructive impact is what you now believe about yourself.
These lies produce the greatest suffering because:
1. The lie is a poison running through your thoughts, to your heart, emotions and behaviors. The lie creates a paradigm that reinforces despair and hurt. That is suffering
2. The lies separate you from the truth of you and all that you have inside to influence the world. You experience longing, questioning and feel adrift, unable to feel fulfilled. You suffer suspecting you are missing something that you cannot quite name.
I know that these lies have been born from circumstances you have experienced. They feel true, and it does not seem possible that you can shift these lies. Ah, but you can. Consider these questions:
1. How do you react when you believe that lie?
2. Whom would I be without that thought?
3. Can you see a reason to drop or change that thought?
4. List the evidence you have from safe people that says the opposite.
5. Use your power of agreement and align with the truth!
You have power to bring relief to this form of suffering!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Rachel and Rebecca are passionate about helping you to become all you can be! Come back often and contact us if we can help in any way.
We respect your privacy and will not misuse your trust.